Rayborn Manor Bed & Breakfast
Gloria Pride Rayborn Scholarship
Gloria Ann Pride was born August 27, 1950 to Mr. Roe Hampton Pride and Mrs. Betherine Goodloe Pride of Cherokee, Alabama, located in Colbert County. She was the only daughter with four brothers: Wendell Oliver Goodloe, Melvin Eugene Pride, Elmer Lee Pride and Kenneth Bernard Pride. Gloria entered her beloved Tuskegee Institute in 1968, where she met the love of her life, Curtis Anthony Rayborn. She continued her studies at Tuskegee through 1970. She then married Curtis and became a loyal employee at Dorothy Hall Guesthouse and later with Auxiliary Enterprises on the campus of Tuskegee Institute.
As the new family began to grow with the birth of their first child, Curtis A. Rayborn II in 1972, the family moved to Seale, Alabama and Gloria began her career in State government, as a clerk in the Brucellosis Laboratory at Auburn University. Later, she joined the Alabama Department of Economic and Community Affairs in Montgomery, Alabama where she worked in the areas of Manpower Development, Youth Training Division. Gloria retired as an Employment Specialist with a total 27 years of service to the Alabama State Government.
Gloria was a dedicated wife and loving mother of five children: Curtis Anthony II, Bethel Latrice, Angela Kenyata, Richard Hampton and Edwin Bernard Rayborn. She was actively involved in local PTAs, church and civic organizations and constantly provided program and grant information to city and county governments in Macon County, as well as Tuskegee University through ADECA. She was deeply supportive of her husband and Tuskegee Institute during his 16 years of employment there.
Gloria Pride Rayborn is forever remembered as a beautiful woman, a loving wife and mother, with a giving personality that brightened the world. She had a deep faith in God and a love for "Mother Tuskegee. "She transitioned from this life on May 19, 2012.
Deadline: April 5, 2022
The Gloria Pride Rayborn Memorial Scholarship was established to provide financial educational assistance to students desiring to attend Tuskegee University in the following categories:
1) A high school senior who plans to enroll at Tuskegee University.
2) Enrolled Tuskegee University student in need of additional educational financial assistance.
3) Transfer student from another institution needing financial assistance to enroll at Tuskegee University.
1. A one page letter explaining why you chose to attend Tuskegee University.
2. A "C" average grade point or above.
3. A demonstrated financial need that is verifiable.
4. A desire to serve humanity after completing degree work.
5. Majoring in any degree awarding program at Tuskegee University. Students in all academic areas may also apply.
6. Each scholarship recipient is required to attend one Tuskegee University Local Alumni Meeting per year and perform a minimum of 10 hours of community service. All community service hour must be confirmed by the Gloria P. Rayborn Memorial Scholarship Committee.
Application and Submission
- Applications for the GLORIA P. RAYBORN MEMORIAL SCHOLARSHIP can be obtained online at https://www.raybornmanor.com.
- Applicants may submit applications between January 5, 2022 and April 5, 2022 for the $1000.00 education assistance scholarship. Individual applications may be submitted by e-mail to [email protected] or mailed to Gloria Rayborn Scholarship Fund 2310 County Road 89 Tuskegee, Alabama 36083. All applications will be reviewed by the Gloria P. Rayborn Memorial Scholarship Awards Committee and the announcement of the selected recipient will be made during the first week in May 2022.
The scholarship recipient will receive an award certificate in May and will be required to complete 10 hours of approved Community Service prior to receiving the $ 1,000.00 which will be applied to the Tuskegee University Student Account. The award may be used at Tuskegee University for the payment of tuition, books, lodging, meals or other University expenses. Payment will be made through the Tuskegee University Business Office upon verification that the Community Service requirement for the award has been satisfactorily completed. All funds not used by the recipient(s) for academic support will be returned to the Gloria P. Rayborn Memorial Scholarship Fund of the Tuskegee University Local Alumni Club.
Deadline: April 5, 2022
Last, First, Middle
ADDRESS LOCAL: _______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
ADDRESS HOME: __________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
TUSKEGEE UNIVERSITY ID # _______________________________
1. Name and Relationship:________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
1. Major: ________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
2. Minor: _______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
3. Graduate Degree: _________________________________________________________________________________________________________
4. Doctorate: _______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
The Gloria P. Rayborn Memorial Scholarship recipient is required to complete a 10 hour approved Community Service Project prior to payment of the scholarship to the student account. Because the safety of our student recipient along with the quality of the service provided to the community, the Service Project must be carefully reviewed by the Student, the Scholarship Committee and the Organization receiving the Community Service. A brief "Letter of Completion of Service" detailing the service performed and the date completed will be submitted to the Scholarship Committee prior to the release of scholarship funds.
I have read, understand and meet the scholarship requirement listed in this application. Attached is a copy of my high school diploma and/or my last academic grades and letter of acceptance to Tuskegee University.
Submitted By: ____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________